1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 tbsp olive oil
1 lb linguini
1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 small yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tbsp unsalted butter
3 garlic cloves, sliced
Juice from 2 lemons
Zest from 2 lemons
Parmesan cheese, to taste (a handful)
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt + pepper, to taste
1. Fill a large pot with water for boiling the pasta, turn to medium-high heat
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil
3. When the oil is shimmering, add the shrimp and sauté for about a minute. Toss and continue cooking until just cooked through about 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a large plate and set aside.
4. Add another tbsp of oil to the pan and add onion, garlic, red pepper flakes and sauté until translucent, careful not to burn the garlic! Add the white wine to deglaze the pan and scrape any bits that may have stuck to the pan. Add lemon juice and lemon zest. Let the sauce reduce, about 8 minutes.
5. When the pot of water starts to boil, season the water liberally with salt. Add linguini and cook until pasta is ready.
6. Return the shrimp and any juice to the pan. Cook for another minute or so. Stir in the butter. When butter is completely melted, transfer the linguini into the pan and toss to bring all the flavors together. Add the parsley while continuing to toss.
7. Add salt, pepper, and cheese to taste. For more spice add all the pepper flakes.