all purpose flour
pumpkin puree (canned)
8 oz pack
unsalted butter (softened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15×10 inch greased sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk all your dry ingredients until well combined, set aside.
- In a medium bowl add your eggs, vanilla, puree, and sugar and whisk until all wet ingredients are combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Carefully lift the parchment paper and cake out onto a flat surface. Then slowly, use your hands to roll the ckae- rolling from the short end to the short end — until it is completely rolled up. Transfer the cake to a wire rack.
- Whisk together cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until smooth. (You want a medium consistency so that the filling is easy to spread, but not too warm or thin that it will ooze out of the cake when you’re rolling it up.)
- Transfer cooled cake roll to a flat surface, and carefully until it is flat again (or mostly flat, it’s ok if the ends curl up a bit.) Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over cake, leaving a 3/4 inch border on all sides. Then carefully re-roll the cake, gently peeling away the parchment paper as you roll until you can completely remove and discard it. Tightly wrap the pumpkin roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove and unwrap the pumpkin roll and transfer it to your serving dish. Lightly dust the pumpkin on all sides with powdered sugar, if you like. Then slice and serve.