1lb sausage, casing removed and broken into chunks
1-2 onions sliced into rings
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1. Parboil potatoes until tender but not mushy! We used whole russets but fingerlings are good too! Let them cool.
2. Heat cast iron over medium heat with enough oil to coat the pan and crisp sausage of your choice. We used sweet Italian. Let it crisp, don’t touch it, don’t TOUCH! When crispy move them to a plate.
3. Add onions to the pan and cook until Caramelized, don’t forget to season with salt and pep!
4. When your onions are soft add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes more. Transfer to the plate with the crispy sausage.
5. Add potatoes flesh side down and let those get crispy, this will take some time, be patient. Make sure you have enough oil in the pan, the edges should be sizzling!
6. Once those get golden brown, add your onions and chorizo back into pan. Garnish with chives, parsley, etc.
Serve with a soft scramble and dollop of creme fraiche!